Aidspan is seeking applications for the position of Executive Director.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will work from the Aidspan Secretariat office based in Nairobi (Kenya, East Africa). The E.D. will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for up to eight full-time staff and a network of national and regional correspondents and watchdog partners in various countries.
The desired qualifications include the following:
- deep knowledge of The Global Fund governance and assurance structures including The Global Fund Board and committees, and operations of the country coordinating mechanisms;
- excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget;
- an advanced degree, ideally an MBA, MPH, JD, Master degree in political science or similar (equivalent). Advanced qualification in program management will be an added advantage;
- at least eight years of senior management experience with a track record of leading, and regionally or nationally scaling an organization or program; and
- at least five years of relevant senior leadership experience with a reputable Global Fund implementer at the country or regional level or a local watchdog.
The deadline for applications is midnight (GMT) on Friday 26 February 2016. Applications may be considered after this date only if a suitable candidate has not been found.
The full vacancy announcement can be found on our Careers page here.