Aidspan has released the third edition of “The Beginner’s Guide to the Global Fund.” The English-language version of the guide is available now at www.aidspan.org/guides. French, Spanish and Russian versions will be posted in the coming weeks.
As its title suggests, the Beginner’s Guide is designed to provide a broad introduction to the Global Fund for people who have little or no prior experience of the Fund. The Beginner’s Guide comes in three sizes: the full guide (about 46 pages); an eight-page summary, and a two-page summary.
The full guide contains numerous links to the websites of the Global Fund and Aidspan for people who need in-depth information.
The following is a list of the chapters in the full guide:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to the Guide
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the Global Fund
- Chapter 3: Structure of the Global Fund - Global Level
- Chapter 4: Structure of the Global Fund - In-Country
- Chapter 5: Partnerships
- Chapter 6: Money Raised by the Global Fund
- Chapter 7: Funds Committed and Spent by the Global Fund
- Chapter 8: The Global Fund's Application Process
- Chapter 9: Country Coordinating Mechanisms
- Chapter 10: The Grant Implementation Process
- Chapter 11: Reporting on Progress
Editor's Note: Most readers of GFO are fairly familiar with the Global Fund. However, many of you will know one or two people who are "new" to the Fund. Please let these people know about this guide.