- Global Fund Observer
- Global Fund Grants
- About Us
Aidspan has been granted permission to publicly quote the following endorsements.
“I just read GFO No. 170 and think it is one of the most helpful bits of analysis you have published to date! Thanks for all the work!”
– Catherine Severo, Project Director, Grant Management Solutions
"Congratulations for your work on watchdogging, it will help all of us to deliver good results in Global Fund implementation of proposals."
– Rosemeire Munhoz, UNAIDS Country Coordinator, Burundi
“When I joined the Global Fund, I avidly read back issues of the GFO to get me up to speed on what is an incredibly complex organisation. I have always found the GFO clear, honest, and saying the things that many of the staff in the Fund wish we had the space (or courage) to say.”
– Ade Fakoya, Senior Specialist HIV, Global Fund
“Very productive people there at the Global Fund Observer. But of course the times are such that one could make a GFO issue almost every day. In issue 170, we would like to draw your attention especially to the first two commentaries. An analysis of why the GF cancelled round 11; and a delicious viewpoint by Bernard Rivers in which he says the Global Fund is very transparent, unless when it really matters.”
– David Hercot, Institute of Tropical Medicine
“For people in implementing countries such as Kenya, Aidspan is really indispensable. We need their advice in watching how the money is spent on the ground. And we want to read in GFO what is going on with the Global Fund, as it is constantly changing. The Guides are very useful if you have to train people that are new to the world of the Global Fund. I am especially pleased that Aidspan is based in Nairobi, within a region where a lot of the grants are implemented.”
– Lucy Chesire, Executive Director TB Action Group, Global Fund Alternate Board Member
“The Global Fund Observer is widely read by World Bank staff who need to follow up-to-date developments at the Global Fund.”
–Armin Fidler, Lead Advisor for Health Policy and Strategy, World Bank
“My team uses the Global Fund Observer regularly; it’s a very helpful way for us to understand the Global Fund.”
– Rebecca Stevens, Director of Public Affairs for Malaria Initiatives, Novartis
"Aidspan's watchdog activities have had a very substantial impact, and have been conducted with great discretion."
– Dr. Peter Piot, former Executive Director, UNAIDS
"Global Fund Observer is lucid, intelligent and definitive. It makes a huge contribution to everyone's understanding of the processes and realities of the Global Fund."
– Stephen Lewis, former Special Envoy for HIV/AIDS in Africa of the UN Secretary-General
"GFO is indispensable and independent. It explains complex Global Fund issues in a concise, responsible and lively manner."
– Dr. Brian Brink, private sector Global Fund board member
"The CCM in China has benefited significantly from the documentary information and the in-person counselling provided by Aidspan."
– Dr. Ren Ming Hui, Acting Chair, China CCM
"Funding the Fund is a high priority for AIDS activists, and for years we have depended on Aidspan to provide us with data and analysis that we can draw upon."
– Dr. Paul Zeitz, former Executive Director, Global AIDS Alliance